Fly away Blackbird, this is Osgood Pie!

Just yesterday I posted another culinary adventure on Blackbird Pie - the Osgood Pie. Can I tempt you? Sweet, scrumptious, packed with pecans and raisins, and with a solid tradition going back many, many generations, my humble efforts were gobbled up before the pie was even cold. 

Here is the link to take you directly to Blackbird Pie, where yesterday in the kitchen the Osgood was the pie of the moment. 

http://terrisedmak1.blogspot.com.au
Blackbird Pie

Kettle's on !

'Osgood Pie is one of those recipes that has been around since long before anyone can remember. And according to my research, some folks think it turns up most often in Texas cookbooks, but I haven't gone through a whole bunch of Texas cookbooks looking for it, so I'm just spreading folklore here. Speaking of folklore, the Osgood Pie could have got its unusual name three ways...'